Well we’ve made it halfway along.
For those who have been reading along, your patience has been very much appreciated.
I wanted to take a moment to yield the floor to your discussion at this halfway point, because at this point, structurally, the book starts to pull together. The first half the book is to setup questions. A few of those may get answered in the process, but for the most part they will be dealt with in the second half.
So that I make sure that I address all of your questions and interests, or at least all those that will be a part of this book, I wanted to ask you to take a moment and list some of the things that you want to see resolved over the next 12 chapters.
I cannot guarantee that I will address all of them as some are specifically setting the stage for book #2 – yes, I am planning on writing a sequel. But I want to incorporate as many of them as I can.
The Russian writer Chekhov is reputed to have said it this way – if you have a loaded gun on the mantle in act 1, by the end of act 3, the gun needs to have been shot.
So, with that said:
- What character issues do you want to see dealt with?
- What plot threads do you want answered?
- What themes do you want to see played out?
- What conflicts need resolved?
- What items need to be used?
- What locations need to be visited?
- What promises have I made at the beginning that now must be fulfilled?
- What answers do you need to have a satisfactory ending?
As always, no pressure. This is not a test to see if you were paying attention. It’s just another way for me to make sure I’m not leaving anything out that needs to be there.